For those of you who haven't met her, Patti is my beloved 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. For four years, we've traveled the country. She's been to New Orleans, Virginia, Nashville and made the trip between Houston and DC three times. Recently, she saved me for a trip to Chicago. She may not be a looker (with a huge dent in the front driver fender and most often not washed.) She may be missing the glovebox. Maybe the driver's side handle is missing and the lock on the passenger's side has a secret jiggling-code. No matter what, Patti's my girl.
But, Patti has 'tude.
Last night, after an 8-hour late shift, I went down to the parking garage. I found Patti, turned the key... nothing. Patti has 'tude.
So, I assessed the situation. Yes, I'm capable of doing that. (Thanks Daddy). It's not even attempting a turnover, so it could be the battery or the starter. Not the battery because a big spark flew from the jumper cables when I clicked them together. Damn, if it isn't the starter.
I think she has her panties in a bunch because I may have spent her new rotor money on a bike and sundresses last weekend. And, she
The only two options at that point were to call a cab or pop the clutch. I just paid for parking, so I decided option #2. *For the stick-shift impaired, popping a clutch is when you push your car for a good starting speed, put the car in gear and quickly pop the clutch.* Usually, though, you're not the only person doing it.
So, I pushed Patti back and heaved her forward. Jumped in. Put it in gear. Popped the clutch. I did that three times with only a quick sputter. Screw it! There was a ramp in the parking garage. Yep, you guessed. I pushed Patti down the ramp, hopped in, and hoped for the best. We were five feet from the wall when Patti decided she didn't want anymore bruises.
We made it home without further incident. I gave Patti a stern talking to and promised to fix her this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor baby..glad u made it home though!!! LynnMarie
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I remember when you tried to pop the clutch on my car! lol! -Josh
ReplyDeleteGood times. Good times.
ReplyDeleteYour blog title is uber-appropriate. Ridiculous.
ReplyDelete